Data Protection Policy:
Nicola Williams Solicitor is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and abides by the following principles set out by the Data Protection Act:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless –
- at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and
- in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Your data will never be shared with anyone without your express permission or by order of the court.
Personal data taken via the website is encrypted during transfer. This means that it cannot be read by anyone else.
Our database is hosted by Knack. Knack uses Amazon Web Services which is considered the industry leader in cloud services and is trusted by organizations like DOW Jones, Siemens and Intuit (Quickbooks Accounting).
For more details on data protection law please download the guide produced by the Information Commissioner's Office here. There is also a guide to protecting your data online which you can download here.