What is a property adjustment order?

A property adjustment order alters the ownership of the property. A property adjustment order is a type of court order relating to property on divorce or separation.  Examples of a this type of order are: an order transferring a property from joint names to one name;an order that one person receives more than half of … Read more

Property adjustment order | stamp duty on divorce | what is it and how do I get one?

  Since the recent budget it is essential to know more about the term property adjustment order and stamp duty when getting a divorce. A property adjustment order is an order made on divorce, judicial separation or civil partnership dissolution in connection with property. It can be an order to transfer property from one person … Read more

What is a fair  consent order?

A fair consent order is all about getting the balance right. There are four key steps to take that may help you achieve this. Gather information. You need to have all the details about the value of your assets and bills, to be able to make important choices and informed decisions. A summary of your … Read more

Application Relating to Land The D81 Statement of Information for a Consent Order

When do you need to tell your mortgage lender you are applying for a financial remedy order (even a consent order)? You must inform your mortgage lender when you are making an application for a financial remedy order and it is an application relating to land. This applies to consent orders and applications that are not by … Read more

Online Divorce – East Midlands Divorce Centre

Online divorce is officially coming to the East Midlands. Although for now it’s at an early trial stage you will still need to print and post your application to send it in to the court. Online divorce and the court service Presently you cannot issue a divorce online in England and Wales. There may be several … Read more

The benefits of a separation agreement

If you’re reading this you will likely be questioning the benefits of a separation agreement. I talked in an earlier post about the legal status of a separation agreement and what it means to live as two separate households. In this article I want to look at the period of separation from a financial point of view … Read more

Two year Separation With Consent – what is living together as the same household?

Has the phrase “living together in the same household” caused you confusion when applying for your decree nisi? For many people two years separation with consent is the reason they will cite on their divorce petition for the breakdown in the marriage. There is a lot of confusion in the public domain about what constitutes separation … Read more

My husband/wife or civil partner hasn’t returned the acknowledgement of service. Shall I use the court bailiff or a private bailiff?

separation agreement

First of all, bailiffs cost around £100 – £120 so before rushing off to organise one, do check that the court is not sitting on the paperwork because of a backlog – particularly around a bank holiday. Courts do get very busy at certain times and it can cause delay. If you have checked and … Read more

Can I send in a consent order without the agreement of my husband/wife?

The answer to this is no, I’m afraid not.

A consent order is a legally binding agreement.

It requires the agreement of both parties to the marriage/civil partnership and the approval of the court.

Both you and your husband/wife/civil partner will need to sign all the forms including the Form A, the D81 and the order itself.

Read moreCan I send in a consent order without the agreement of my husband/wife?